Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 1

1. I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought I was. Admittedly I was huffing and puffing on that treadmill, and grateful I was in the front row so nobody would see how RED and blotchy my face looked, but I didn't want to throw up or die. I guess being in the habit of walking really fast everywhere you go has its advantages!
2. I'm starting things slow so I don't end up hating what I'm trying to love. I only did 2 miles today, and the majority of it was walking long distances between short runs, but I'm okay with that. I'll stick with this for a week and then up it 10%. Slow and steady wins the race!
3. Whichever inventor decided to put those two little fans directly in the face of the treadmill deserves a GOLD star! There is nothing better than being all hot and sweaty, and discovering that a push of a button sends small amounts of continuous air directly to my face. It was glorious!
4. I'm already a big fan of the YMCA. When I got there I was met with a small handfull of retired and middle aged men and women who looked like normal people. I always felt so out of place at the gym. Plus, as I was getting that sanitary spray stuff to wipe down my machine with, this darling little man (probably in his early 70's) congratulated me on a great workout. Sort of like the Walmart greeter, but different. It took everything in me not to hug him!

998 MILES TO GO......

No comments: