Saturday, April 24, 2010

Amy had asked if this was getting any easier and I have to say yes and no. Getting up and actually doing it has gotten a lot easier. Before it was a mental argument when the alarm went off, but that's not as common anymore. In fact, there have been some days when I even look forward to it.

On the flipside, the actual running part is NOT enjoyable yet. I'm starting (literally) from scratch so it's mostly a walking/running combination with a lot more walking than running. When I know it's time to start running again I mostly dread it. I'm giving myself a good 6 months before I expect to see changes. Hopefully it happens before then!

As for my progress, I'm a little bit behind but I know that if I didn't start out slow that I wouldn't want to go through with it. I'm hoping that when this becomes easier and more enjoyable that I will want to increase my distance towards the end. I still have my momentum and I still look forward to the end results.


950 MILES TO GO

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You should do a half marathon or something to finish with a bang. Congratulations on 50 miles!

amydear said...

I really want to run a few of these miles with you. I'll be starting almost from scratch too, so you'll probably kick my hiney. And I have plans to send you some things to help you along your way. I'll email you about that!